Marketing done right gets your sales calls answered.
When you see an inbound call from a familiar company or brand name, you’re more inclined to answer the call. If you’re a business owner, you know this is true, and so do your salespeople.
Sales is a brutally competitive, uphill battle in this day and age. Why discourage your team by pushing them up a steep hill? Help level the playing field by investing in your brand and executing a targeted marketing plan.
Creating strategic brand awareness is the best investment you will ever make in your business. Name one initiative that brings in customers and revenues better than being well-known for what you do best… You can’t.
“Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door.” This is only true when people believe you have a better mousetrap, and they have to find out about it first!
The more you authentically communicate your value proposition in the marketplace, the better your “mousetrap” is perceived by potential customers. Once you have established a high-quality perception in your market, prospects’ doors open much easier. Your outbound emails and phone calls have not only a fighting chance but a likelihood of being answered or returned.
Sales Pay Dirt
If your brand carries sway, your prospective customer is either curious, willing or eager to answer their phone when you or your team come calling. This is sales pay dirt. It’s the magic merger that takes companies to the next level and improves lifestyles.
Grow Your Business in 90 Days
Once you make the decision to invest in your brand to boost sales, you just need to remain committed and stay the course! Within about 90 days of implementing a new branding campaign, you should start seeing profitable results. Sequencing looks like this…
- Create or refresh your brand with the focus on unique value – include both visual and verbal elements. 30 days
- Produce branded marketing communications right away – Don’t worry about perfection at this point! You can easily start with a landing page, an email blast, a press release, a postcard or just a flyer. 45 days
- Develop a media and direct marketing strategy – use your proven, go-to channels and carefully consider adding new, targeted media. Apply tracking code to your digital communications and utilize your platforms’ analytics to monitor engagement. 60 days
- Launch and implement a marketing/advertising campaign according to an appropriate frequency schedule – stick to a consistent brand theme and keep reinforcing your core value proposition in creative ways. 75 days
- Make copious targeted sales calls to prospects in your database – prioritize people you identify engaging with your campaign. Email platforms and social media tracking tools make this easy. There are even certain marketing automation programs with tracking code that can identify individuals who visit your landing pages. And remember, this is sales. Be persistent! 90 days
This simple 5-part strategy should be implemented in a continually repeated manner except for step 1.
Your sales team should always be prospecting and making calls with or without a rigorous marketing campaign. We get that. However, those who sell for Leading Brands enjoy more answered phones and open doors while the unknown, me-too reps deal with voicemail greetings and declined meeting requests.
Become a leading brand in your market and simply sell more!